Thursday, April 28, 2016

Quality Products at a Local Store

What mom isn't just a tiny bit obsessed with baby items? I mean, really. Deep down in your heart, whether you'd like to admit it or not, you get a little excited about all things baby! As a mom of a 2-year-old and a 7-month-old, I'm always on the lookout for something that my kids need, something that will make my life easier, or something for a friend that's also a mommy!

One of my favorite places to hit up for all things baby is Babyland in Tupelo. What I love most about Babyland is that it's a local business. The money I spend there goes back into our local economy and supports small business. Another thing I love is that you can get just about anything price-matched! If I find it at a big box store for less, they are always great about meeting the competitor's price. They also offer fair trade items! This means that the women who hand make the items are fairly paid for their labor. You won't find a $10 stuffed animal, but you will find a beautiful, one-of-kind, handmade treasure that supports a hardworking woman somewhere in the world. 

So I was recently given the opportunity to try some new things out from Babyland so that I can tell you all how they are! I am so excited about this! Here's a lovely, professional-grade (not) photo of the goodies:

I get to use the Medela Symphony Breast Pump for 30 days! This is a hospital grade pump that can be rented from Babyland. I pump occasionally (2-3 times per week) for Wittson to have while I'm away from him. I have a Medela Pump in Style Advanced which has always gotten the job done, but I'm super excited to crank this baby up!

Next on the list is some samples from the Mother Love line. These are 100% natural, organic products made from ingredients grown on a farm in Colorado. There are some REALLY neat things that I've learned about this company through their brochure. It's totally worth stopping by Babyland to grab one and read all about it. I have some nipple cream and diaper rash cream to try out.

One of my favorites is Wittson's Swinging on a Star monogrammed onesie. It's 100% cotton and feels very soft and super sturdy. And the dream catcher is just plain ole cute!

I also have a bib. It doesn't have a label so I'm guessing it's a handmade item. I love that it's reversible. It's two in one! One side is mustard yellow with white polka dots and the other side is a cute design (sort of indescribable as you can see in the picture) that's white, blue, red, purple, and green. Although it's a "cute" design, the colors keep me from shying away from using that side.

Another favorite is Stella's Frumpy Rumps dress with a purple "S" monogram on the bow. It's simple, sweet and looks comfortable enough to play in yet dressy enough for church and special occasions. Stella also has a Frozen necklace and matching bow. You can imagine her excitement! I plan to let her where these to her Frozen 2nd Birthday Party!

Soon, I'll be back to share my thoughts after I use these awesome products! 


1 comment:

  1. Did you try the medela symphony breast pump? I'm curious to hear how different it is from the other medela.

    ReplyDelete